Now you can enjoy Simple Booth apps and products while staying safe and preventing the spread of illness.
Introducing voice-activated photos
Simple Booth apps for iPad offers photo booth fun without ever touching a screen! You can use intuitive voice commands to start a countdown, keep or retake your photo, and then simply scan a QR code to get it on your phone.
Here’s how it works.
Step 1: Say “HALO” to start the countdown
The app will listen for the key phrase “Halo” and similar phrases like “Hello” or “Hollow” to make it easy to activate.
Step 2: Say “Retake or “Send”
When you preview your photo, you can choose whether or not to keep it or discard it and take another.
Step 3: Get the photo on your phone
Simply point your iPhone or Android camera app at the QR code on the screen and you’ll be prompted to open the web page with your photo on it. It’s that easy!
Here’s a closer look at what participants will see on their smartphone.
From there, you can download or share the photo directly on social media. Voilà! A hands-free photo booth experience that’s intuitive and fun to use.
How to enable voice commands
The contactless photo booth feature is now the default setting for all new presets in 2020.
You can also enable this booth flow on existing presets by logging into your Simple Booth dashboard and making a few quick changes listed below:
- Turn on QR code sharing in your Preset under Send Options.
- Turn off all other Send Options, including Text, Email, and Print.
- Turn off all Edit Tools because these cannot be navigated with voice commands.
- Turn off Data Capture until we develop hands-free support for this feature.
When you’ve completed these steps, the app will automatically work as a contactless photo booth.
Currently, voice commands only support English, but we will consider additional languages as requested. This feature is currently only available on iOS 13 and above.
In the coming months, we expect to continue to improve the hands-free photo booth feature in a variety of ways:
- Support for additional voice commands
- Support for additional languages upon request
- Explore the potential of gesture recognition as alternate hands-free control
- Data Capture support after scanning the QR code, where a participant can fill out a Data Capture form from their mobile device
- Other improvements to streamline the flow and functionality
Please let us know your feedback as it will have a direct impact on our path forward.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org